You’re probably familiar with our standing descriptive and discrimination panels (if not, click here), but did you know that we also offer semi-trained consumer panels and in-context panels? Lately, these panels are very much in demand as manufacturers seek deeper insights into product usage and experiences.
Here’s the 101 on these panels:
In-context Sensory Panels
- These are sensory acute and articulate panelists
- The ISR panel encompasses 20 panel members with a minimum of seven years’ experience
- Trained to objectively evaluate attribute intensities without judging the product on liking (as opposed to consumer tests)
- Able to complete sensory evaluations in context
- Useful for receiving technical feedback as well as experiential feedback
Semi-trained Consumer Panels
- These are high users of the category
- Trained with protocol and lexicon instruction, utilizing terminology that is precise
- Able to complete sensory evaluations in the lab or in context
- Useful for obtaining emotional and experiential feedback and product guidance.
And for those companies who prefer to leverage their own sensory panels, we offer client-site panel recruiting, training, management and auditing services. You can learn more here or just contact us!